ELECTION WHOPPERS—47.43.58GH,B 43,58
- fiction- Clinton has 90% change of winning –303 electoral votes to Trumps 235–nyt
- fiction-we’re going to wake up in the morning to a brexit-like (crash) reaction in the stock market-nbc
fact-dow closes up 250 points-cnbc
- fiction-global markets have been collapsing overnight-Andrea Mitchell
fact-Trump presidency would mean for growth, that kind of response helped send futures volumes to historic records in the wake of the win.wsj
- fiction-trump is going to get historic low numbers amongst Latinos, if he breaks 20% it would be a good night for him.cnn
fact-trump got 29%, also did better with blacks, Hispanics.nbc
- fiction-this was a white-lash against a changing country against a black president in part-Van Jones
fact-Hillary did win 88% of blacks, Trump-8%.cbs
- fiction-a campaign of racism and bigotry, living through a pushback against the advancement of African Americans of Hispanic of women, of Muslim Americans–Jamelle Bouie
fact-blacks and Latinos voted more for Trump -Mother Jones
- fiction-white and wealthy voters gave victory to Trump-UK Guardian
fact-electoral map largely rural backlash against a country where wealth and power have increasingly accrued to the Demo cities-Bloomberg
- fiction-trump marks the decline of religious conservatism in American politics-Richard Painter
fact-Evangelical leaders say trump will deliver on the political promises he made them. a conservative supreme court, defunding Planned parenthood, obc, same sex marriage, coverage for birth control-nyt trump won Evangelical votes 81-16, white college graduates by 4%.npr
- fiction-Early exit poll Clinton winning ground game-politico
fact-Clinton vaunted GOTV operation may have turned out Trump voters-Huffington post
- Dem’s prognosticators bad night is simple–FBI director James Comey-Wash Post
fact-asked to name what most mattered most to their vote, 39% wanted a candidate who can bring needed change.
- fiction-Clinton was in some kind of trouble related to e-mails.-Matthew Yglesias
fact-study 91% of coverage on evening news was negative to Trump. A year long DataFace study more negative articles about Trump than Clinton during the campaign. Quinnipac 55% of likely voters said the media was biased against Trump.
- fiction- strong sentiment about not having a woman president-abc
fact-women were predicted to come out in force to vote, for the first female President and against a man who demeaned them. -nyt Trump beat Clinton among white women by 10 points, white working class women 62 to 34%
- fiction-Amanda Cox the model clearly indicated that Clinton was the 90% plus electoral college favorite based on polling data–nyt
fact-Wash Times Trafalgar group had accurate polling because they recognized a ‘shy” Trump effect due to media bullying, Trafalgar correctly called the Trump win with 306 votes the day before the election.
- fiction-if the women most qualified person ever to run for the white house couldn’t break through–who can?–Andrea Mitchell
fact-Obama’s endorsement mean squat, in 2008 he has presided over the loss of 1000 demo seats during three wave election —national review, wash post
15.. fiction-you can’t claim to have run a clean campaign if you call your opponent ‘at deaths door”-Chris Matthews
fact- 44% of registered voters believed Clinton health would negatively impact her ability to serve as President while 41% called her health poor. 56% of Americans disagreed with the FBI’s decision not to charge Clinton for her use of a private email server. abc, wash post
- fiction- it’s as if the nation is enduring dome kind of curse. Bob Schieffer
fact-we’re going to make America great again.
source –those above, rush